Monday, August 10, 2009

Hope Shairing some with you whom have lost yours.

I was just in shock after I went to visit my dad. I haven't been there in about 8 months. I had moved to Temecula which is 45 mins north from him. So I drive down to visit.

The information he shared with me just left me amazed at how he can't even go outside after dark in his own yard that's fenced. This is the neighborhood I grew up in and used to ride my bike on the streets until it got dark.

Made me ponder why so many people are turning to violence, murder and suicide? The answer came on the drive home in meditation over the things he had shared. People have lost HOPE!

So I'd like to share just a bit of mine with you and this proverb.

A Hong Kong Proverb

As long as we have hope, we have direction, the energy to move, and the map to move by. We have a hundred alternatives, a thousand paths and infinity of dreams. Hopeful, we are halfway to where we want to go; Hopeless, we are lost forever.

Hope is the anticipation of an event or an occurrence. Our own individual hopes are our own desires, or could be considered our wish for the future.

Hope can give us a feeling of optimism when we are feeling discouraged. As Diogenes once said, "Hope is the dream of a waking man."

Hope is one of the prime differences between successful people and those who can only see failure. Successful people have hope because they can clearly see their goals.

People who only see failure have no hope because they see no light, they set no goals, and they see nothing accomplished.

Successful people see alternatives and are willing to try different ways. People who only see failure are unable to see another way and give up to easily.

With hope you are halfway to where you want to go; by setting your goals, and taking the action to achieve them, you will see your hope turn into your reality!

Email me or comment if you liked this and it helped you in some way!

Blessings of hope to all
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment